To select an available room, click “Details”, then “Request Booking.”
Community Room, Old Lyme PGN Library
Official Capacity: 70
Booking Period: Between 1 hour and 4 hours
The Community Room has a maximum capacity of 70. 10 tables and 70 chairs are available for use, as well as a ceiling mounted projector and small kitchenette.
Eligibility: Individuals aged 18 or older may reserve the Community Room on behalf of non-commercial, non-profit, tax-exempt groups or organizations. Individuals representing local, for-profit groups or businesses may use the Community Room for informational meetings only.
Equitable Use of Meeting Room: The Community Room shall be made available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use. Permission to meet at the library does not in any way constitute or imply endorsement of the users’ policies, beliefs, or programs by the Old Lyme-Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library. The Community Room may not be used for any activity that is likely to disturb patrons in entering and using library facilities, impede library staff in the performance of their duties, or endanger people or property.
Privacy: Reservation of the Community Room does not convey a right to privacy. Staff may require that window coverings and/or doors remain open during the use of the Community Room.
Publicity: All publicity for non-library sponsored events is the responsibility of the applicant. All publicity must contain a statement of sponsorship using the following phrase: This program is sponsored by (organization's name) and will be held in the [Community or Conference] Room of the Old Lyme-Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library, 2 Library Lane, Old Lyme, CT. The Library reserves the right to review and request changes to any fliers or other promotional materials that the applicant intends to issue in connection with the use of the Rooms.
- The applicant should notify the library of a cancellation of a meeting room reservation as soon as possible.
- The library may cancel a meeting room reservation due to building conditions, weather conditions, or other emergency situations. In the event of an emergency closing of the library, all meeting room reservations are automatically cancelled. Library staff will attempt to inform the applicant of any unexpected closings.
- Programs and functions hosted or presented by the library will be given priority. The library may cancel a reservation made by a non-library organization or individual if the space is needed for library purposes. The library will make every effort to provide adequate notice and will attempt to find the most convenient alternate date or suggest another location.
- In all cases, the applicant is responsible for notifying potential attendees of any schedule changes.
- The library has the right to cancel or deny future booking requests and existing contracts for any individual or group which violates stated policy, regulations, or procedures.
Prohibited Activities: The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all attendees adhere to library policy, including the Behavior Policy and the Child Safety Policy. In addition, the following activities are expressly prohibited:
- Fees, dues, or donations may not be charged or solicited.
- Selling or taking orders of any kind is prohibited.
- Raffles, gambling, and/or bingo is prohibited.
- Mandatory signing-in of attendees is prohibited; voluntary signing-in is allowed.
- Religious services, private parties, and employee recruitment are prohibited.
- Fundraising activities are prohibited except for those benefitting the library as approved by the Library Director.
- Alcoholic beverages or other controlled substances are not allowed.
- The violation of any federal, state, or local ordinances or regulations or Codes of the Police, Fire, and Fire Marshall Departments relating to public assemblies.
- Violating local fire code regulations or exceeding room capacity is prohibited.
RESERVATIONS & PROCEDURES
Reserving a Room: Rooms may be reserved up to 6 months in advance on a first-come, first-served basis using the online reservation tool found on the library’s website (oldlymelibrary.org) or by speaking with a staff member. All reservations are pending until confirmed by a staff member.
Fees: Rooms may be reserved for up to 4 hours (including set-up and take-down) free of charge. Any reservation exceeding 4 hours will be assessed a flat fee of $50 per hour. To reserve a 4+ hour time slot and arrange payment, please contact Katie Huffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-434-1684 x100.
Limits of Use: The Library reserves the right to impose limitations on the length and frequency of use of the Rooms by any one individual or organization to allow others to have the opportunity to make use of these spaces.
After Hours Use: The Rooms are available to groups meeting after library hours, but applicants must arrange an appointment with library staff during regular library hours prior to the event to obtain necessary training on setting the alarm and to pick up a key. Meetings must adjourn 15 minutes before closing and the library vacated by closing time unless arrangements have been made for after hours use.
Furniture & AV Equipment: The following is available for use:
- 10 Tables
- 70 Chairs
- Projector screen and ceiling mounted projector with cables. The library can provide a compatible laptop with advance notice, but it is suggested that the applicant bring their own if possible. This equipment must be requested in advance of use. Technical support by library staff is only available as staffing allows and is unavailable outside of normal operating hours. It is strongly recommended that appointments be made in advance to become familiar with library equipment before a scheduled meeting.
Setup and Cleanup: The applicant is responsible for:
- Setting up chairs, tables, AV equipment, etc.
- Restoring the Room to the same condition in which it was found.
- The kitchen area may be used and must be left in the condition in which it was found.
- All food, beverages, equipment, and supplies must be provided by the applicant using the Room and removed promptly afterward.
- A fee will be charged if the group’s use of the room results in the need for repair to library furnishings or equipment or if excessive cleanup is required by library staff. Imposition of this fee will be at the discretion of the Library Director.
Storage: Storage of materials before or after the reserved time needs prior approval. The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies, exhibit materials, or any other items owned by an individual or group.
Problems: All problems encountered at any function must be reported to Library Staff as soon as possible.
Liability: Any individual or group that uses the Rooms pursuant to these rules and regulations agrees to indemnify and to hold harmless the Old Lyme Phoebe Griffin Noyes Library, Inc., its Board of Trustees, and its employees from any and all claims, actions, causes of action of any kind which may arise out of use of the Room by such an individual or group. Any individual or group in violation of these rules may be asked to leave and/or denied future use of the facilities. This policy is subject to continuous review.